This edition of Read for the Cure features:
ROBYN DOOLITTLE is an award-winning journalist and author. She is a member of the Globe and Mail’s investigative team and is a two-time winner of Canada’s Michener Award. Her latest book, Had It Coming – What’s Fair In The Age of #MeToo? was shortlisted for the Taylor Prize for non-fiction. This work was inspired by... + Read more
SEAN MICHAELS is a novelist, short-story writer and critic. Born in Stirling, Scotland, and raised in Ottawa, he eventually settled in Montreal, where he founded the pioneering music blog Said the Gramophone. His award-winning writing has also appeared in The Observer, McSweeney’s, The Guardian, Pitchfork, Maisonneuve, and The Globe and Mail. Sean’s debut novel... + Read more
EMMA STRAUB is the New York Times-bestselling author of three other novels The Vacationers, Modern Lovers, Laura Lamont’s Life in Pictures, and the short story collection Other People We Married. Her books have been published in twenty countries. She and her husband own Books Are Magic, an independent bookstore in... + Read more
EMCEE: Johanna Schneller
JOHANNA SCHNELLER is one of North America's leading freelance journalists specializing in entertainment features, and the co-host of The Filmmakers on CBC. Her Fame Game column in the Globe and Mail was nominated for four National Newspaper Awards. Her non-fiction book with Kristen Worley, Woman Enough, How a Boy Became a Woman and Changed the World of Sport, was published by Random House Canada in 2019.
- Tickets are available in two formats:
- Digital Event + Books: provides you with the three books of the authors above, delivered straight to your doorstep, as well as a ticket to our digital event, hosted by a superstar emcee.
- Digital Event Only: provides you with a ticket to our digital event where you can experience a unique discussion between the authors and the emcee about their experiences and stories.
- We also offer a “VIP Ticket” available in both “Book + Events” format and “Digital Event Only”.
- More information is available directly on our Eventbrite page.
Thank you to our 2020 Read for the Cure Partners
Our Shipping Partner:
For any question, please contact us at
Toll-free: 1 888 766-2262
Go back to Read for the Cure homepage